Friday, February 15, 2013

Determination

Sometimes in life we suffer loss and grief. Some people seem strong and unshakeable. Others quiver and shake like gelatin treats. But we all will go through it. This past month has shaken me to my core. In a week's time, my Aunt died, we buried her, my sister went into labor 4 months early, the baby died within 3 days of being born, my son became suicidal and had to be committed for his own safety and then I went to the baby's funeral. At the time I was going through this I did not know how I would make it to the other side. Now that I look back, I see that it was more about determination than strength. I got up every morning and put my feet on the floor. I followed those steps with other steps until they led me back to my bed at night. Each day that I did that everything became easier to face. I don't know what comes next but I know that I will have the determination to face it. I say all of this to say, you don't have to be a superhero (although that would be totally cool) you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will eventually make it to your destination. Originally published on Eccentric and Bent on 7-24-2012 http://aresthegoddess.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment